ns I presume Ed said something very bad about the cameraman's deceased mother, not his own mother :-)

(but I love it when I'm not the only one (besides Brooksie, of course) who makes these gaffs :-)

ann

On 2/2/2012 11:16, Paul Stenquist wrote:

On Feb 2, 2012, at 11:10 AM, Paul Stenquist wrote:

On Feb 2, 2012, at 11:00 AM, William Robb wrote:

On 02/02/2012 9:50 AM, David Savage wrote:
You know those big movie cameras they use in Hollywood? They're manual focus.

Amateurs don't do video the same way pros do. Amateurs tend to do much longer
takes with more (sickeningly bad) attempts at panning or zooming to follow a
moving subject.

Exactly. And amateurs don't work with professional actors whose movements are
blocked out ahead of time. More importantly, if you're filming your kids soccer
game, you don't get to do ten takes. One time when I worked with the director
Terry Windell shooting the actor, Ed Herrmann for a Dodge television control
that required Ed to hit six spots on the stage while speaking about twenty
words. After 21 takes where either Ed or the camera operator failed to get it
right, the usually very dignified Mr. Herrmann said something very bad about
his deceased mother. Everyone stared at their shoes.
Paul

Gawd. Have to read my posts before hitting send. That should have been "I once worked with the
director Terry Windell..."   and it was a Dodge "television commercial."

--

William Robb