On 2/2/2012 11:38 AM, Rick Womer wrote:
I really like this pic, Walt, not only for the lighting, DOF, and composition,
but also for the contrast between the rough, weathered hands and the delicate
feather.

Rick
http://photo.net/photos/RickW
Many thanks, Rick!

That contrast between the hands and the feather was what caught my eye, too. The feather has some imperfections, so it wasn't really all that suitable as a subject in its own right. But, the contrast with the hand made it a more compelling image to my eye.

-- Walt

----- Original Message -----
From: Walt Gilbert<ldott...@gmail.com>
To: Pentax-Discuss Mail List<pdml@pdml.net>
Sent: Wednesday, February 1, 2012 10:11 PM
Subject: PESO: Panache

Hi all,

I was combing through my archives (as it were) and came across an image and
thought I should get some input on it.

http://www.flickriver.com/photos/walt_gilbert/6804662591/

It was shot with my K-x using the K-50/1.4 -- beyond that, I haven't the
foggiest clue as to the technical deets. My guess is that the aperture is set
at f/2 and the ISO would probably be somewhere in the neighborhood of 1600
given the conditions (sitting in a dimly lit bar), not using flash (I'm
constitutionally incapable most times), with a fairly slow shutter speed (1/50
or thereabouts).

In any event, I'm looking for possible submissions to the PDML annual and
wondered if anyone thought this might be a potentially worthy candidate.

Thanks!

-- Walt

-- PDML Pentax-Discuss Mail List