I agree with those who are reading the tea leaves of the lens road map
and seeing full frame (even though they are using the DA placeholder
(how could they really do anything else without tipping their hand?).

Calling the 50 a "standard" lens is the most obvious tip off. I think
it would be easiest for them just to ramp production back up for the
FA50 1.4.

That "high magnfication" zoom lens looks like a the old FA 28-200mm
(or something new with a similar range).

The word "Limited" in the 2013 Zoom limited is an odd one. If you look
above that range at the lenses already available you already see 3 DA
zooms that cover that focal length range, along with an FA Prime
Limited and 2 or 3 other DA primes. I just don't see needing a limited
range zoom down there for an APS-C.

Similarly, the "DA Wide Zoom" is only slightly longer than the DA
12-24mm. That would only be needed if the sensor size was larger. It
would either be a 14-28mm rectilinear full frame zoom, or they are
bringing back that lens that only Pentax produced way back when, the
F17-28 fisheye. It seems more likely to me that it be a rectilinear
that would sell.

I believe more than ever that a full frame could be announced at CP+
for delivery later this year. Also to be announced there are probably
all three of the 2012 lenses on the road map. Keep in mind that any
new full frame lenses could also be used on APS-C cameras, the same
way that we use the older glass now.

Darren Addy
Kearney, Nebraska