Godfrey DiGiorgi wrote:

>> This is a camera designed for people who are used to taking photos with cell
>> phones.
>
>That statement says more about your bias, Larry, than it does about
>the camera or its intended audience.

I don't understand that statement, Godfrey. I think Larry's exactly
right and I think it's a smart move for Pentax (and Nikon, Sony, et al
who are going for the exact same demographic). These people are the
biggest market for a camera like the K-01. (Which is bigger, the
number of people who own Pentax DSLRs or the number of people who own
iPhones?) They're the students I see every day in the classrooms in
college.

Old fogies like me and you and Larry are a secondary or tertiary
market for this camera. The cell phone shooters are the future and
Pentax is quite right to be pursuing them.

--
Mark Roberts - Photography & Multimedia
www.robertstech.com