On Fri, Feb 3, 2012 at 12:20 PM, Mark Roberts
<postmas...@robertstech.com> wrote:
> Godfrey DiGiorgi wrote:
>
>>> This is a camera designed for people who are used to taking photos with
>>> cell phones.
>>
>>That statement says more about your bias, Larry, than it does about
>>the camera or its intended audience.
>
> I don't understand that statement, Godfrey. I think Larry's exactly
> right and I think it's a smart move for Pentax (and Nikon, Sony, et al
> who are going for the exact same demographic). These people are the
> biggest market for a camera like the K-01. (Which is bigger, the
> number of people who own Pentax DSLRs or the number of people who own
> iPhones?) They're the students I see every day in the classrooms in
> college.
>
> Old fogies like me and you and Larry are a secondary or tertiary
> market for this camera. The cell phone shooters are the future and
> Pentax is quite right to be pursuing them.

As an older fogy than either of you, it appeals to me a lot because it
reminds me so much of how I used to work with a Hasselblad or
Rolleiflex with waist level ground glass finder.

I have never owned a cell phone camera (although I'll buy an iPhone 4S
sometime later this year, because it has a good camera and that nice,
big, sharp LCD to focus and frame with...).
--
Godfrey
  godfreydigiorgi.posterous.com