On 2/15/2012 4:13 PM, Don Guthrie wrote:
This is what rural Iowa looks like these days.

Comments encouraged.

If you have a chance look at the rock picture below this one. I posted the link awhile ago and no one noticed. If it is too bad to comment on I need to know.

http://donspix.posterous.com/#!/

The first image is very strong and well executed. I drove from Kalamazoo, MI to my mother's house in Waterloo, IA, last Friday to retrieve the final car load of her personal effects before the house sale closes, and I wish I had gotten a shot as nice as the one you have there. It very much represents the landscapes that I drove through.

I had hoped have some fun on a trip of necessity, and I packed a light photo kit to take with me and planned to see the sights in Iowa City. But... I got a nasty cold the day before the drive, and never took a single photo, never got to Porters Cameras, and never hit the Iowa City Brew pubs. I just took sudfed, drank red bull, blew through two boxes of Kleenex and listened to the Ramones and Car Talk on the Ipod. Drove 12 hours Friday and 7 hours Saturday (thanks to a Michigan snow storm that day.) Ate dinner Friday in the food court at the Iowa 80 World's Largest Truck Stop - the highlight of the trip.

Sheese... Well, your photo makes me realize that one *can* get good photos in the bleak Midwest, and for that I am grateful.

MCC