Kenneth Waller

----- Original Message ----- From: "JC O'Connell" <hifis...@gate.net>
Subject: RE: Super-Multi-Coated Takumar 20mm f4.5 - thoughts?

bad news : its the worst pentax lens I have ever used with regards to
gemetric distortion. very high barrel distortion. the smck 20/4 fixed the
problem.

You might have had a bad example - I had no issues with mine.

-----------------
J.C.O'Connell
hifis...@gate.net
-----------------

-----Original Message-----
From: pdml-boun...@pdml.net [mailto:pdml-boun...@pdml.net] On Behalf Of
Darren Addy
Subject: Super-Multi-Coated Takumar 20mm f4.5 - thoughts?

I've been researching this lens a bit, and it seems that even though
it was made for years and years (in fact, the LAST screw mount Takumar
to stop being sold in the K-mount era - 1979) it is a little hard to
come by. What I haven't figured out yet is whether this is because
they built a certain number of them and it took until 1979 to finally
sell out, or if they actively manufactured the lens into the mid/late
70s due to constant demand. You'd think it would be easier to find, if
the latter was the case. I find it more likely that a much smaller
subset of photographers added lenses wider than 28mm to their arsenal.
There is only one serial number in the Serial Number Database for this
lens, and only one photo in the Pentax Photo Gallery taken with it
(our own Kenneth Waller with his pZ-1p, if memory serves).

In my 1976 retail price book, the lens sold for $299.50 which was one
of the more expensive Takumars listed.

I've seen it being offered at some ridiculous prices, but recently
found one that I got fairly reasonably and it is on its way. Anyone
here have it/use it or have any memories of using it?

Darren Addy
Kearney, Nebraska