On Feb 21, 2012, at 6:54 AM, Mark Roberts wrote:

> David Mann wrote:
>
>> On Feb 21, 2012, at 1:33 PM, Mark Roberts wrote:
>>
>>> I've seen prints of it (including a contact print, IIRC) at the George
>>> Eastman House and it's really magnificent. Definitely one of the
>>> all-time greats.
>>
>> We were fortunate enough to have an Ansel Adams exhibition tour here a while
>> ago.
>> I think you really have to see the prints to get the most out of his photos.
>>
>> Nothing else compares, they were absolutely stunning.
>

> True. But this comes close:
> http://theonlinephotographer.typepad.com/the_online_photographer/2008/09/ansel-adams-del.htm
> --
> Mark Roberts - Photography & Multimedia
> www.robertstech.com

I was thinking I had to have that volume until I saw the price tag. Whatever
one might think of individual Adams photos, he was the consummate darkroom
artist, and for that he will always hold a high place in the history of the
medium. Of course the very nature of his work makes valid web viewing
impossible.