Really?

Seems to me that Google has an awful lot of information about me.

My phone number for starters.

Who I call.

Who calls me.

Where I am. (sorry, as one person explained to me, "They don't know where you
are, they just know where your phone is.")

They know every Google search I've done and every site I've linked to from
Google.

And I'm sure they know lots more that I can't even conceive of.

I know that Google is just this big benign money-making behemoth who only wants
that information to sell ads, and no, no harm has come to me ~as far as I know~
from all this data collection.

But the potential harm should this stuff get into the wrong hands is a bit
scary.

And, harmful or not, I just don't like anyone knowing that much about me
without my ~real~ consent. It's called "right to privacy" a concept that is
sadly close to non-existent today.

Cheers,
frank

"What can be asserted without proof can be dismissed without proof." --
Christopher Hitchens