If anyone on the list has any influence what-so-ever with Google, I hope they'll pass this along to someone there who has a f****ng clue. If any such exists anymore.

With the changes to Google's privacy policy have also come some changes in the way the search engine works. Google Hints, Google Auto-complete & Google Instant are back with a vengeance, and there's no way to turn the goddamn thing *OFF*.

Google DOES NOT KNOW WHAT I'M LOOKING FOR and it's getting damn annoying having it hare off in all directions instead of just waiting for me to finish telling it what I'm looking for. Especially since when it does go off into the wild blue yonder, it takes the cursor with it so I can no longer finish typing my search term and have to start all over again.

What I want in a search engine ...

I want to type my search term into the text box, hit enter and have the search engine look for what I typed into the text box.

That's what Google used to do and is why I started using Google in the first place. But Google doesn't do that any more. Is there a search engine that does?

I don't care if it gathers information about what I searched for & gives me ads. I don't care if it sells the aggregated data to advertisers. I do care if it wastes my time with a bunch of CRAP that gets in the way of actually finding what I'm looking for.

Which Google is doing.