From: pdml-boun...@pdml.net [mailto:pdml-boun...@pdml.net] On Behalf Of P.
J. Alling
Sent: Sunday, March 18, 2012 12:42 PM
To: Pentax-Discuss Mail List
Subject: Re: Would a B&W ONLY digital camera appeal to you?

There will have to be some kind of color filtering to get the the sensor
to record different wavelengths in accordance with some semblance of
human vision.  I do not think that you will gain all that much
sensitivity over a sensor with normal color filters in a color Bayer
pattern or some other pattern not withstanding.  At best will have
something resembling orthochromatic output or maybe pre orthochromatic
when film was so blue sensitive that it over powered /all/ other colors
of the spectrum when recording B&W images.

--
Don't lose heart!  They might want to cut it out, and they'll want to avoid
a lengthily search.

follow the directions.