Christine Nielsen wrote:

>I can see how "everyone's a photographer" might inspire a bride to
>want to rein it in a little bit.  As she walks down the aisle, instead
>of seeing the loving gazes of all her friends & family, she sees a
>phalanx of iPhones held up to their faces, as they snap & flash
>away... And of course, before the ceremony is over, the images have
>been uploaded to facebook & tagged.  lol.
>
>But, if the pro is a "Guy With a Rebel", well... then you do what you gotta do.

My take on the issue: You should bring your camera. Be discreet and
base your amount of "discreet" on how many other people (if any) are
taking photos. If it's just you and the hired photographer then you
can really go for it; if there are a dozen people with cameras
snapping away (especially of they're using loud cameras or - gag -
flash) you should cool it. I expect the matter of "scaling" is the
main reason guests are discouraged from taking photos - if one guest
does it there's no problem but if a dozen do it could be awful.

--
Mark Roberts - Photography & Multimedia
www.robertstech.com