BAH!

Sharpness, composition, white balance, lighting: All are bourgeois concepts!

-- Walt

On 4/25/2012 4:39 PM, Derby Chang wrote:
Reminds me of this

http://www.petapixel.com/2012/04/23/couple-pays-750-for-the-worst-wedding-photos-ever/

On 26/04/2012 7:21 AM, Bob Sullivan wrote:
Jack,
Last wedding I was at, the preacher told her congregation to not take photos.
'They have a professional photographer here and you should please not
take photos during the ceremony.'
I watched the 'Pro' for a little while and thought she was a 'Guy with
a Rebel', so just ignored the Preacher.
(I'm a heathen anyway...)
Regards,  Bob S.

On Wed, Apr 25, 2012 at 3:53 PM, Jack Davis<jdavi...@yahoo.com>  wrote:
In answer to your "survey" question; mmmm..no.
In the case of a good friend, I'd subtly reaffirm that you're still "into" it, but are hesitant to bring along your SLR so as not to appear to be competing with the pro. The next comment must then come from the friend. If you hear only crickets, leave it home..

From: Christine Nielsen<ch...@inielsen.net>
To: Pentax-Discuss Mail List<pdml@pdml.net>
Sent: Wednesday, April 25, 2012 12:48 PM
Subject: Wedding photography (or not), + peso...

Here's a survey question... as an invited guest at a wedding, do you
bring your dslr?

A good friend of mine got married this weekend... I almost didn't
bring it, but in the end, I threw the k-5&  FA 50 in my purse "just in
case" I wanted it later....

It's funny territory, I think.  There's a pro on hand to capture the
day.  Yet, the number of cell phone and p&s cams being held aloft in
the pews is almost comical... On the other hand, maybe the dslr seems
a bit much? I mean, you don't want to be Uncle Harry, elbowing the pro
out of the way to get your shot of the happy couple...

Hmm.  Maybe the K-01 (in white, of course) for this type of occasion
would be appropriate.  I'll have to see if it fits in an evening
bag...

:)
-c
http://www.flickr.com/photos/23028562@N04/6967449816/in/photostream/