I like all three images a lot.

"Back in the day" the standard 400mm was an f6.3. Tamron made one that
was sold under a myriad different labels and gave quite good
performance. I imagine that some sacrifices had to be made to gain the
speed (at least before the use of ED glass, etc.)

I also read the story of your Tokina. I think it is an interesting
exercise sometimes, to just plant oneself somewhere and then see what
sort of good images can be made without moving... just looking in
different directions and working on our "eye", composition, etc.