At the risk of sounding elitist, Windows Vista was the straw that broke it for
me and sent me to Mac. I know that Mac has the reputation of being the computer
for people who are too stupid to use Windows, but I've been using computers
since 1969. Windows 2000 was the last stable version of Windows I used, and it
is still the default OS at our college because Windows has gotten worse ever
since.

I have a Dell sitting, unused, in my home office. I tried using it for about a
month, and got long delays with "Program Not Responding" to the point of
driving me to drink. It was a top end Dell several years ago, and couldn't get
out of its own way under Windows Vista. I'll never touch Windows again.