On 14/05/2012 7:07 AM, Kenton Brede wrote:
I'm just getting started with film. One of the things I've read is,
unlike digital, it's better to expose for shadow detail. I've read
that a lot of detail can be pulled back from the overexposed areas on
film.

My question is, can that detail be pulled back from a digital scan of
a negative, or can that only be done via wet print process in a
darkroom?  Another way to state this, should film be exposed in
different ways depending on how it will be post processed, digitally
or analog?

Thanks,

I've had good success doing 2 passes and combining them as an HDR of sorts.

--

William Robb