on 2012-05-29 12:42 Godfrey DiGiorgi wrote
steve harley wrote:

on 2012-05-29 11:10 Godfrey DiGiorgi wrote
I tried with two of mine. Didn't unlock the card.

i just tried it on one of mine and it worked — maybe you were using a Leica?

Very funny. No, my MacBook Air. Happens to be what I have with me
today, aside from the Nikon F.

i had used a Pentax K200d; just tried it with a MacBook pro, worked there too; tried a second card with the same positive results in both camera and computer

to be specific, i slid the tab to the locked position and inserted into the computer's card slot; the volume appeared with the "unwritable" symbol (pencil with a slash through it); ejected card, placed a small piece of Scotch removable tape over the slide area like this:

<https://www.dropbox.com/s/aw8cwy0px7pod9o/sd-write-lock-defeat.jpg>

re-inserted and volume was writable; copied a file to it successfully