on 2012-05-30 14:54 Larry Colen wrote
What have you done, if anything, to improve the technical quality of your
photography, and how much difference did it make?

number one (you don't need to hear this) is to keep practicing, and create some sort of a feedback loop in your practice that drives improvement

one thing i haven't seen others mention is to study the rhythm of the moment to time your photos for the instant with the least motion; i shoot a lot of plants and even a light breeze will often sway or vibrate my subjects; with my camera even 400 ISO is a stretch (for plant shots at least), and a tripod can only stabilize one end of the lens-subject vector

so i practice timing my shots for the still moments at the end of each sway, and being patient for the moments when the plant forgets the wind; this same practice also helps me some with people