Wow! That's a very complicated way of saying "get the focus and exposure right,
keep the camera as still as possible."

;-)

We already knew all that, didn't we? But you did a great job expanding and
explaining all of that.

To expand further on the exposure front, let's not forget bracketting. I never
once bracketted with film due to film's exposure latitude and the fact that
none of my cameras had an auto-bracketting feature. Plus, with film it cost
money.

But now it's virtually free and it's certainly easy. I use it in every
situation but on the street where time and remaining inconspicuous are
paramount. Even then there are times I'll bracket in the street.

It's a near necessity easy for digital imho.

Cheers,
frank

"What can be asserted without proof can be dismissed without proof." --
Christopher Hitchens