On Jul 11, 2012, at 13:19, Paul Stenquist wrote:

> This thread has reinforced my confidence in a system that depends on Bridge,
> easily searchable file names and dates, and PhotoShop. Every time I've
> considered switching to Lightroom, discussions such as this stop me in my
> tracks.

It sounds tricky, but it's so damned simple when you get used to it.  Bridge is
ugly/nasty and I'm glad I have nothing to do with it anymore.

I just spent 15 minutes digging through over 70,000 images looking for pictures
of a cousin of mine who's gone missing and the family wanted something for the
flier.  Lightroom made in an absolute piece of cake to locate photos, make a
virtual copy, crop so just his face shows, and export the necessary images for
use.

While Godfrey's instructions may look intimidating, the actual execution of the
"hey Lightroom, now my files are over here" instructions to LR is dead simple.

 -Charles

--
Charles Robinson - charl...@visi.com
Minneapolis, MN