The ASMP has had this website up for quite some time.  They seem to
keep it up to date.  It's a good reference when you're trying to come
up with a good workflow.
There is a lot of information here.

<http://dpbestflow.org/>

Here's an interesting entry on DNG files.

"The DNG format preserves the original raw sensor data just the same
as the proprietary raw files. Nothing is left out. DNG is a safer
archival container for several important reasons. The first is that it
is a documented format. Its specification is openly published and how
DNG files are constructed is openly shared with other software
vendors.

The second reason is that, unlike any other raw format, DNG contains a
file verification tool known as a "hash" that can tell if the raw
image data remains unchanged and uncorrupted. This hash only
references the raw image data, so a DNG file can be processed an
infinite number of times and the XMP instruction set(s) and embedded
JPEG preview(s) can be redone an infinite number of times, but the
underlying raw data does not change, so it can continue to be verified
forever.

One disadvantage of DNG has nothing to do with the format itself but
has to do with the number of software vendors that choose to support
DNG. Since not all do, DNG files cannot be processed in every possible
raw file processor out there, especially the camera manufacturer's
software.

DNG can, however, contain even the proprietary raw file within the DNG
container, so if this is a concern, you can choose to save your DNG
files with the proprietary raw files embedded. The file verification
hash will then also protect the proprietary raw data as well as the
DNG raw image data.

This, in fact, is currently the only way to verify proprietary raw
files. DNG files can sometimes be smaller than proprietary raw since
DNG uses a very efficient lossless compression scheme on the raw image
data. DNG files can be the same size or slightly larger than
proprietary raw if they contain full size JPEG previews. DNG files can
be twice the size of proprietary raw if the proprietary raw file is
optionally embedded."

gs

George Sinos
gsi...@gmail.com