On Jul 15, 2012, at 7:31 AM, Darren Addy wrote:

> http://www.flickr.com/photos/pixelsmithy/sets/72157630583853512/with/7573584874/
>
> Apologies for those who hate Flickr. These are just quick Picasa
> conversions from RAW files, and so appear mostly overexposed.
> Captured three different meteors with aurora (something I've always
> wanted to do).

I am extremely envious.  The price I pay for the wonderful weather in Santa
Cruz is being too far south to see aurorae.

> In other news, the Sigma EX 28mm f1.8 makes an *awesome* lens for
> aurora on the K-5.

Congrats!  I wonder how that lens compares with the FA 31/1.8

I noticed your comment on manual focusing.  At one point I realized I could
manually focus on infinity by using live view and aiming the camera at jupiter.
 What you may want to try doing for the future though is to manually focus on
infinity during the day and find some way of marking that point on the lens.