From: David Mann

On Aug 2, 2012, at 9:02 AM, John Sessoms wrote:

One of them lived two blocks away around the corner from my house,
and that's where they started their spree from. Mine was the first
vehicle they attacked.

Idiots, I thought the first rule of crime is that you don't shit in
your own back yard.

Dave

As angry as I still am at them all these years later, they weren't yet hardened, experienced criminals, just stupid teenage boys heedless of the cost others would have to pay for their vandalism. I don't even think it ever occurred to them that someone might call the cops ... or worse.

I worked with the guy who caught them. He heard them when they hit his Range Rover & came running out of the house with a shotgun; caught up with them a couple of houses down - stuck the barrel in through the driver's window and, uh ... told them to stop.

They're lucky he didn't kill at least one of them. The cops had already been called several times & following the trail of debris arrived too soon.

OTOH, they got off with a slap on the wrist, so there was little of a lesson for them to learn. I expect they all grew up to become Wall Street bankers.