> From: pdml-boun...@pdml.net [mailto:pdml-boun...@pdml.net] On Behalf Of
> Darren Addy
>
> Darn, that's a sad story John! Why must senseless violence be so
> senseless (not to mention so violent)?
>
> My MGB Convertible was given to me by my brother-in-law who seemed to
> accumulate cars as barter for doing roofing jobs above and beyond the
> original quote. Whoever had it started their restoration with the
> interior (rather bass-ackwards, if you ask me). The convertible top is
> near new also. The body is pretty straight and it has these ungodly-
> looking whitewall tires on it (rally wheels, not wires). It has the
> "crack of doom" in the top of the driver's door just starting to emerge
> after what looks like an earlier repair.
>
> I really don't even know what it needs yet. I know it needs a fuel pump
> and I'd want to clean out the gas tank before even trying to crank it.
> Beyond that I'm not sure. I doubt that I'm ever going to do a *full*
> restoration on it, but I would enjoy having it licensed and drivable.
> Our town's annual Cruise Night is a yearly reminder of how it is just
> taking up space in my garage.

the last car I actually owned was an MGB Roadster. Driving it on the open
road on a summer's evening was a wonderful joy, but a joy so rare, and so
costly. Most of my time was spent sitting in traffic jams while the rain
dripped through the so-called roof and even I, Deaf Bob, could hear the rust
eating it like a caterpillar eats a leaf. In the end it would have cost more
to put it right than it would ever be worth, and I simply wasn't getting
that much fun out of it, so I just let the garage keep it for parts.