we call them LBM's ( LIttle brown mushrooms...)
actually they dont look that little. but thats what 'sroom hunters call
a variety of fungi they can't id.

If you want to have even a good guess you needed to pluck one and turn it upsidedown. another help is cutting off the stem, putting the fungi underside down on a piece of white paper and let it sit overnight, or at least for a while.

Good to know what it was growing on. if it is spongy underneath instead ofhaving gills it is likely some sort of bolete - which doesn't mean it is edible.

It looks a bit like a bolete from the places where the critters bit.

still, with all that, you wouldn't be able to get it down to species.

ann