Darren, interesting thoughts. Is there verification that it has inter-changeable lens? I have played around with Pen 4/3s and if I had money to throw away he Q might be useful I never looked at it seriously. If this new one is P&S I have an older Nikon with articulating screen that is my least used camera.

pdml-requ...@pdml.net wrote:
Message: 6
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2012 07:46:24 -0500
From: Darren Addy<pixelsmi...@gmail.com>
To: Pentax-Discuss Mail List<pdml@pdml.net>
Subject: Re: Pentax X-5 photos leaked

No, I believe it is a Super Q that takes K-mount lenses in AF. The
idea, from Pentax's viewpoint is to sell more lenses.

Pentax is doubling down on the Q (as well they should). A near "Q"
with an AF K-mount and this range of normal lens is going to be
awesome.

It is the perfect time to make people take another look (beyond their
prejudices) at the original Q model (now selling for $399) and then
this one.
The small sensor gives you all kinds of advantages with its extremely
high DOF, especially for macro. If this is a Q with an autofocus
K-mount then Pentax is going to sell a million DFA 100mm Macros to go
with it.
On a Q sensor that gives you the whole bug in focus (not merely a
slice) and at the other end it gives you a 560mm super telephoto (all
in one lens).

The thing they are going to have going against them is all the people
who still don't "get" the Q. This guy certainly gets it.

This camera is using a slightly larger Sony Exmor-R than the Q has...1/2.8"
Think iPhone's sensor only much larger.

This is going to be a macro & birder's dream camera (along with
everything in between). It is also going to be another camera that no
understands and Pentax takes a bashing for, at least initially. But
this one is a Winner with a capital W.