Joseph, you're certainly right. You will notice however that about 12
words into my message I've put IMVHO - In My Very Humble Opinion, and
I meant just that.

My second guessing of these marketing people however many are there is
based on the fact that the likes of Panasonic and Sony were not very
well known in this market 7 or 10 years ago. Now Sony seems to be the
third biggest manufacturer/seller and Panasonic has done wonders too.
Pentax on the other hand does not demonstrate similar performance. No,
I don't want to start a flame war. The sky is not falling and my,
yours and everyone else's gear will still shoot straight. Nonetheless,
to ignore these issues is pretty unwise in my eyes. After all, both
you and I want to see Pentax keep selling their gear for many years to
come but if they make marketing mistakes and those mistakes cost them
dearly, we'd be in trouble, wouldn't we?

Pentax appears to be successful in the direction of fashionable gear
for the masses. This is very valid and very sensible move in the
corporative/business sense. I don't belong to these crowds. So I state
my (Very Humble) opinion.

--
Boris