I'd like a digital K-mount camera, too, but can't any of the manufacturers find a way
to make a modular, updateable, body?  (Now that I think of it, there's the Mamiya
645AFd.)  If the CCD could be replaced with the latest version, the camera could stay
current for more than a year or two.  Press professionals may not mind replacing their
cameras every time a new model comes out, but I think the rest of us would like to
keep ours for quite a while.

There may be technical reasons that make it difficult to replace a, say, 3-megapixel
CCD with next year's 7-meg unit, but it would make DSLRs more attractive.  You can
take a 60-year-old film camera and use 2002 film in it, which I find pretty cool.  I'd
like a DSLR that won't be a doorstop in five years, or is that just being unrealistic?

Pat White

"Don't dream it, be it!"  Dr. Frank N. Furter