I see that there is not even one Japanese car in the list. I've always
liked Japanese cars (owned 7) but surely even the Japanese made some
mistakes big enough to make this list.

Despite being a Subaru fan (owned a Legacy and presently an Outback),
I've always thought the SVX was a serious mistake. It may be a decent
vehicle underneath but those looks -- shudder. And apparently Subaru
only ever lost money on them.

--
-bmw