So sorry to hear this, Frank.

I have a huge, gelatinous soft spot for animals and know how tough it is to set aside your own personal interests in keeping a beloved member of the household around as long as you can in the interest of allowing their suffering to end.

Thankfully, the pleasant memories of their better years crowd out the tough ones as time passes. And, as sad as it is to let her go, you just have to take solace in the fact that, on balance, she lived a comfortable and dignified life with a family that obviously loved and cared a great deal for her.

As the lives of cats go, that ain't too shabby.

-- Walt