Thank you all for your thoughts and support.  Judy and I had a tough
weekend, but time does heal these things.  As someone said, our
animals become family and we lost a family member.

Someone asked if she was a calico, and yes, she certainly had calico
patches among the white (hence her name, which I'm not responsible
for).  Calico cats do live longer, or so I've heard, and Patches is
proof of that.

She was loved by Judy and me, and we hope that was a part of her longevity.

Sorry I haven't been active on the list.  I've been looking at but not
responding to PESOs, and I've not thanked those who have responded to
mine (with the exception of Bill who deserved a special thanks).  ;-)

Anyway, thanks again for your support.  I'm now back, trying to get
back to normal, both on list and in life generally.

You guys are great!

cheers,
frank