For the purposes of discussion, let's assume that the Russian Pentax
tweet about "nine" press release announcements coming in the next few
days/weeks are going to cover Pentax (and Ricoh's) combined product
announcements prior to unveiling them at Photokina.

I think the 560mm telephoto and the 24MP APS-C K-3 are in the "for
sure" category. That leaves us with 7 more announcements (and they
could be for anything from flash to accessory to lens to camera).

If I were placing odds I would put them in the following order (from
most likely to least likely)

The Pentax K to Q adapter shown at CPP+
A new flash unit
Pentax 645Dii
The "DA High Magnification Zoom lens" on the roadmap for 2012 (this
language sounds a lot like the lens on the X-5 bridge camera, only to
cover an APS-C image circle, so I'm guessing a 16-250mm superzoom)
A fast wide lens for the Q... a 5mm f1.8 would be perfect.
A K-mount module for the Ricoh GXR (sells more lenses to another
installed base)*
A K-z entry level (I have my doubts about this even happening... I
think Pentax is abandoning the low-entry DSLR arena, but I think that
would be a mistake)

*does this count as a Pentax announcement? Is the Pentax booth
combined with Ricoh at Photokina this year?

I think the one thing that Pentax may do that will surprise some
people is to make more cameras with/without the anti-aliasing filter
(ala Nikon D800/D800E) giving people the choice of which they want.
The Pentax Q has no anti-alias filter, which is part of the reason
that it out-performs people's expectations. I think we are seeing a
trend away from anti-alias filters being used and the moire Bogeyman
being relegated to the dust bin.

So, those are my 7, but I'll add a wildcard. I'm sure that at least
ONE of my 7 is incorrect (probably a lot more than one). So to replace
one, I think that Pentax is going to finally *announce* that they are
working on a FF camera, but that it won't ship until next year. I
think that if they are working on one then they almost have to
announce that it is coming to freeze their constituency (or at least
MORE of them) from jumping ship. But I don't think they will even show
a prototype because they will have enough "real" products to show and
they wouldn't want the FF to steal those products thunder.

Comments? Your conjecture? Last Photokina thread before Photokina!