Thanks Bruce... I also turn it off in darker situations (or I just
swear at it every time it shows me a preview). :)

> From: Steven Desjardins <drd1...@gmail.com>
>
> So, their point is "that's a dumb feature so it's OK that it's
> broken"?  Auto review is especially useful with a new camera which you
> don't trust yet (because some features may not work  ;-).  Of course,
> some forums are broken by nature.

I agree, especially new out of the box I want to see a representation
of what I'm getting. I suspect an internal memory issue of some kind.
Depending on how I have it setup to display varying information on the
review screen, it behaves differently, but never consistently. The
return process has already been initiated with Amazon and a new one
should be shipping today.

Well some guys did sincerely try to help and offered suggestions.
Others basically suggested that (my words) 'real photographers
wouldn't have it turned on as they don't need to check their shots'.
And so yes, it didn't really matter.

Of course we never had the luxury with film, but IMO, the best time to
check your shot is immediately after you take it, so that there's
possibly a chance to retake it if things are amiss. I know that's a
crazy notion and I'm just a dumb ass for thinking like that.

Three others were rather condescending. I got in a minor flame war and
it was my very first post on the forum. :)

Tom C.