Hi Stan ...

Maybe you need a new bank <g>.

My bank is pretty much the opposite.  If I have a minimum average
balance in the account, I'm reimbursed fees charged by "foreign" ATM
machines, up to five transactions per month. There's no extra fee for
using the debit card, which can also be used as a credit card, i.e., if
a company doesn't take debit cards, it'll take mine as a credit card.
When I use the card for credit purchases, such as when I buy photo gear
on line from a store such as Peter's or KEH, I'm given a rebate of 1%
... over the course of a year that adds up, so I often use the card as a
"credit" card when making purchases at the market, etc.  However, there
are no credit card fees as the money is still debited from my account,
just as it were a regular debit card.

The bank has an on line banking setup as well, and most of my bills are
paid using that system - all utilities, house payments, payroll, etc.
I'm at the point where I write but five or six checks per month, which
is down substantially from the more than 100 I used to write just a few
years ago.  Some months there are no checks returned with my statement
<g>.

--
Shel Belinkoff
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]