On Thu, Sep 13, 2012 at 8:32 AM, Mark Roberts
<postmas...@robertstech.com> wrote:
> Rob Studdert wrote:
>
>>The Nikon D600 FX format is $2,099.95 SRP,
>>http://www.nikonusa.com/Nikon-Products/Product/Digital-SLR-Cameras/25488/D600.html
>
> Wow. As Roy Scheider said in "Jaws", they're "gonna need a bigger
> boat" ... to haul all the D600s they're going to be selling.

The complaints are already coming in though. David "Strobist" Hobby is
puzzled by why they left off the PC sync jack, but says the 1/200th
sync speed is a dealbreaker for him. He feels Nikon has ignored the
lighting enthusiast crowd completely. Says he'll go with a used D700
as his next backup camera.

A preview I read says to think of the D600 as a FF D7000 (ie prosumer).

So yeah, they'll sell boatloads, but it will be to people who just
want the magic of the FF buzzword, but for no good actual reason.

--
-bmw