On Sep 12, 2012, at 10:26 PM, Rob Studdert wrote:

> On 13 September 2012 01:07, Darren Addy <pixelsmi...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> There are also different market segments. There are people who can and
>> will pay $3-3.3K for a Nikon D800/E body. There are people who will
>> pay $2.3K for a Sony A99 full frame body. But I would argue that in
>> terms of sheer numbers, there are less of them than will pay $1-1.3K
>> for the finest APS-C body available. Now would Pentax benefit from
>> servicing one of those higher markets? Sure, but not before they take
>> care of their "bread and butter" class of customer.
>
> The Nikon D600 FX format is $2,099.95 SRP,
> http://www.nikonusa.com/Nikon-Products/Product/Digital-SLR-Cameras/25488/D600.html
>
> Full frame is coming down and will continue until there is very little
> dollar difference between the two formats.

Very interesting.  I'm looking forward to seeing how it rates on DxOmark.  It
looks like it has the potential to seriously outperform the K-5 in low light.
It's also a lot more affordable than the D800, and with fewer, larger, pixels,
it has the potential for performing very well in low light.

It says:
Flash Sync SpeedUp to 1/200 sec.
Synchronizes with shutter at 1/250s or slower

Why do they list two different speeds for flash synchronization?

It only brackets up to two frames.

Under sensitivity it says:

ISO SensitivityISO 100 - 6400
Lo-1 (ISO 50)
Hi-1 (ISO 12,800)
Hi-2 (ISO 25,600)

What do they mean by "expanded ISO sensitivity"?  Do they just multiply the
data by two rather than adjusting the analog gain in the circuits?

Related question, how does the K-5 handle its extended ISO range?  Is it in
analog circuitry or just in math?

I could be very tempted by this camera.