On 10/14/12 4:42 PM, Derby Chang wrote:

Hi Doug

Startup and wake from sleep - not super-fast, about 2s. I have it on
Quick Start mode. With it turned off, it is about 3s. I set auto power
off at 5min, and trained myself to half tap the shutter button once in a
while. Which leads to battery life. For an afternoon walk around, I
always have a spare battery or two. X100 battery life is definitely
better than the OM-D, but nowhere near as good as the K-5

Thanks, Derby. Battery life is a big deal, so thanks for pointing that out. Sounds like you and I share a common set-up regarding sleep mode; All my cameras are set to be awakened by a tap on the shutter button. It's the only way to fly.

Doug