Pentax also has a 1.7 AF Convertor which is not bad. The 2x L will not work with the 300 A F4. You will have to use the 2x S. I have the 300 A F4 and I will use the 2x S or the 1.7 AF. I also sometime use a Vivitar 2x macro convertor..The L convertors are nice to use with the 300 mm F2.8 and the 200 mm F4.0 macro....Joe

I want to get a good 2x TC for my pentax a* 300/4 lens.
Anybody know which model is the best (2x-L?) or maybe
a non pentax model? thanks in advance...

J.C.O'Connell
hifis...@gate.net