Hi All:

A very good friend of mine asked for an [urgent] advice on photo
cameras. A portion of that includes a recommendation for
non-SLR (aka mirrorless) digital cameras with changeable lenses for
an enthusiast at early stages.

The camera is to be small (mobile, take-anywhere), easy to use in both
automatic and semi-automatic/manual modes, able to handle reasonably
low light, and not to have long shutter lag.  Most frequent use:
shooting while travelling (landscapes, urban views),
shooting people/friends non-very-intrusively.

It would be a step-up alternative to something like Lumix LX-7 or
Samsung ex2f that allows interchangeable lenses (for growing needs).

The question is not about fancy Leica cameras or X100, or rather,
it is about mid-level cameras (with a budget of within $1K or less for
the body and one-two lenses).

I haven't been following this segment of the market as closely.
I think that some of the Panasonic/Olympus/..?  micro-4/3 cameras fall
into this category, Nikon 1, etc.
I am not sure if K-01 or Q10 would be reasonable here, - they seem to
me too much of a "specialty", and not as "mainstream" cameras...

I'd appreciate if you can mention a few models that you'd recommend.
If you can point out the strong points of the model, - that would
also be great.

Thank you,

Igor