On Mon, Oct 29, 2012 at 3:18 PM, Bruce Walker <bruce.wal...@gmail.com> wrote:
> With your stated spec, I'd most definitely be looking at the Q10 as a
> very close fit.

I agree with Bruce. Given that the recent firmware update brings focus
peaking to the ORIGINAL Q, I'd think that model would be highly
attractive as well. Advantages?

Significant savings over the Q10
Focus Peaking
RAW or JPEG (or both)
Unobtrusive with a capital "U" (if opting for black)
Lots of fun with in-camera filters (if you want)
Small & light lenses.
IQ that will surprise you.
Lots of Pentax features we know and love on the bigger bodies: SR,
multiple-exposure, intervalometer functions, video, etc.

You could get an original Q kit with the 8.5mm f1.9 (normal lens for
low light), the new telephoto zoom, AND the fun fisheye lens and still
be well under $1K.