Larry,

Yes, I have done embedded systems and have also taken products from concept to
market.  Been there, done that.

What I have not done is taken part is the corporate shift that saw Pentax move
from (1) Family Owned, to (2) Public Ownership, to (3) Hoya, to (4) Ricoh.  I
think that transition series was rougher on the company than anything else.  If
I had to place the cause for the baby steps, in my mind it would be the roller
coaster corporate ride that the company has been on for -- what is it -- only
around 5 years?  That's a lot to manage.  I do applaud the company for lasting
this long through fiscal storm and even earthquake (which damaged many Japanese
company's processes) without going under.

Still, I am a bit of a pessimist.  After all, as an American I want to see more
production. :-)

Sincerely,

Collin Brendemuehl
"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose"
-- Jim Elliott