On Mon, Nov 12, 2012 at 3:54 PM, Paul Stenquist <pnstenqu...@comcast.net> wrote:
>> I have no problem with the files vuescan produced, it just isn't a
>> very easy piece of software to use.
>>
> I've found Vuescan's adjustment parameters to be non-linear and clumsy. For
> example, adjusting "curve high" for a transparency scan may produce almost no
> change at all through much of the scale, then at a certain point it goes over
> the cliff. Epson's software didn't provide as many adjustment parameters, but
> those offered were linear and worked well.

Oh, I agree: it's a lot of work to understand and use VueScan. I've
had many conversations with the author about the UX, which is still
clumsy after dozens of revisions.

But I guess after 12 years of using it extensively and I'm comfortable
with its quirks ... and they're less frustrating than the lack of
function I find in other scanning apps. At this point, I have configs
for all the stuff that I do, so I just load the config and scan. :-)

--
Godfrey
  godfreydigiorgi.posterous.com