From: Walt
You need something like this:

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=&sku=370766&is=REG&Q=&A=details

Put the unused SD cards in the left pocket, the full ones in the right pocket.

Even if you leave the card from the camera in your computer, you'll have one in
the pocket on the strap.
Now, that's damned clever. I'll have to look into one of those.

Aside from forgetting to adjust ISO, remembering my SD card is the most
vexing aspect of photography for me -- except for all the other parts.

That's one of the reasons I like the battery grips for the K10D/K20D - there's a slot in there that holds a spare card. Even if I somehow forget to replace the card & forget to bring along my card pouch I've still got the card from the grip to use.

Do the battery grips from the K7/K5 still have this feature? And do the K-x, K-r or K-30 even have a battery grip available?