Quoting Mark Cassino <pdml-m...@charter.net>:

Congrats on getting the Q - it is a ton of fun and kicks out pretty decent images as well.

I bought a used Q Kit that had the standard prime, standard zoom, fisheye and toy telephoto. I added a K to Q converter right off the bat.

The 5-15mm zoom has been my most used lens with the standard prime close behind. Both of those lenses just feel great and perform very well. For the type of shooting that I use the Q for the standard zoom is perfect.

I was captivated by the fisheye but had iffy results manually focusing with it. When focused propertly (and I kept my fingers out of the field of view) it was great. I installed the new firmware a few weeks ago and focus peaking is a huge boon to me wrt to using this lens. I expect I'll use it a lot in the future and my problems focusing it will be greatly diminished.

The lens that has seen virtually no use is the toy telephoto. I've tried it a few times and it works well. IMO it really should not be called a "toy" lens as that invokes lomography / holga etc (at least to me) and it is a straightforward good performing lens. It just lacks aperture control and autofocus and is not as nicely constructed as the standard lenses.

The K to Q adapter is an excellent tool. I've been playing around with an M 50 f1.7 as my working telephoto, and with the updated firmware and image stabilization and focus peaking it works fine. The M 50 / adapter / Q is not at all awkward to me.

I did several test shots with the Q and A* 200 f4 macro, D-FA 100mm and other K mount lenses. It worked well and is not terribly difficult to use. For macro the Q's DOF is great. My tests are here:

http://www.markcassino.com/b2evolution/index.php/testing-the-pentax-q-and-k-mount-lenses

I am eagerly awaiting using K mount macro prime with focus peaking - just haven't gotten out to do any work with it. I'll be adding the telephoto zoom to my kit soon as well, since with the normal zoom it would be a great travel kit.

I will also probably opt for the Pentax K to Q adapter with built in leaf shutter to be able to better use flash.

Have fun!

I'll try!

Thanks for that. I'd seen your article on 'Testing the Pentax Q' previously - it was one of the reasons I bit when the $200 bait was dangled.

I've ordered the Konica-Q adapter to play with while I decide which K-Q adapter to get and I'll undoubtedly get the standard zoom as soon finances permit (through selling off a bit more of my collection of old cameras).

A couple of batteries are also on the way.

--
Cheers

Brian

Brian Walters