If you are using auto-focus, then you may want to have it search from infinity
to the front of the lens (Full Range) or you may want the AF engine to work
only on finding focus within the immediate neighborhood of the front of the
lens (Limit). Presumably if you are manual focusing you won't be trying to find
focus across the full range, so you tell the lens you are in MF and it lets you
figure out what to do from there.

As Larry said, the Clamp is to lock to achieved focus in place. IIRC, it
mechanically brakes movement of the lens elements.

stan