On Dec 9, 2012, at 9:15 PM, Igor Roshchin wrote:

> Sun Dec 9 21:18:43 EST 2012
> Larry Colen wrote:
>
>> On Dec 9, 2012, at 1:22 PM, Igor Roshchin wrote:
>>
>>> Here are some 9 photos that were taken at ISO-6400:
>>> http://42graphy.org/misc/ISO-6400-tango/
>>
>> There are some fun ones there.  I particularly liked the bug eyed kid.
>
> You mean my daughter who was very tired by past-midnight time when
> she was being taken to sleep?

that might explain the bug-eyed expression.

> ;-)
> Well, here we are when we are in our evening dress:
> http://42graphy.org/misc/tango_IR00276.jpg

That is a very lovely photo.

>> I was checking out a K30 review and it seems to have quite a few
>> features that I really hope make it into the next generation of the high
>> end APS (or FF) body.
>>

> What does it have that the new K5s don't have? Focus peaking?

that is one of them.  I was watching this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9RMfSRpEASg

And remember that he mentioned a couple other cool features, which have
completely slipped my mind.  I'll poke around.

One thing that I see which I really like is that the K30 has swapped the
display and LV buttons from the K-5:
http://www.imaging-resource.com/PRODS/pentax-k30/pentax-k30A.HTM

I often hit LV when I don't want to, and it can be a pain in the ass trying to
hit the review button when my left hand is full.

Expanded area autofocus looks very handy.