My camera club does monthly competitions, and nothing cements the idea
that all judging is subjective until you have the same picture in
front of a couple different judges and getting totally different

I don't bother to try to pick what I think the judges will like, I
pick what I want to compete with, and let the chips fall where they
may.

--
David Parsons Photography
http://www.davidparsonsphoto.com