On Thursday, March 21, 2002, at 07:05  PM, Oliver Raymond wrote:

> Aaron \ Doug \ Bill - do you have any particular format or standards for
> testing results? I don't have a densiometer :(

I eyeball really big prints, or small sections blown up really big.
Then I decide whether or not I like it.  That's about it, really.  I'm
still figuring out exactly why I like the 75mm f2.8 (aside from the
obvious -- speed, AOV, min. focus, sharpness).  I just know I like it,
just like I knew I liked my SMC-M 50mm f1.4.

Congrats on the score!  Keep us posted.

By the way, my temptation for the 55-100 has finally passed.  Seeing as
how it's an f4 and the 55mm is an f4 and the old 75mm was an f4, I
figured that as long as it was sharp I'd be okay with it, and would
cover a good range...but then I got the 75mm f2.8.  90-180 is pretty
tempting, though.  How fast is it?  Fixed, or does it vary?  How heavy?

-Aaron