Yuh my 54 is blown. I saw them going for 200 on flea bay. Though that might
have been a bit presumptious.  They  are  rather desirable due  to their system
independence. Either way the cheapest option for me is to have mine fixed, so
that  is what I will do. I've long considered switching to a flash  that does
p-ttl as a remote slave, but quite honestly I would prefer to use flash
manually off camera and I use m primes a lot when shooting portraits, so p-ttl
is out of the question  anyways. The autothyristor on the metz is very, very
good and the diffuser takes it out to 20mm. Its not enough for a room sized
group, but I'm  more than happy with it for most of my needs. The small
reflector flash is useful too. I must admit it is a  large and heavy flash. I
have considered making a hammerhead style bracket for it before.