On Feb 16, 2013, at 4:06 AM, Darren Addy <pixelsmi...@gmail.com> wrote:

> People may not realize it, but this is one of the most incredible
> stories of our lifetimes, from an astronomical and historical
> perspective. It is incredible to me that the mother of someone on this
> list actually felt the shockwave from this thing. Wowsers.

That's pretty much how I was thinking, although I hope Igor's mother didn't get
too much of a fright.  I'd have needed a change of trousers after something
like that.

A couple of years ago I heard the sonic boom from a small meteor that passed
over here, but I must have been looking the wrong way as I didn't see it.  I
was up on the hills at the time and thought there had been a big explosion
either in the port or downtown.  A lack of smoke had me confused until I read
the news reports later in the day.

Can't be much fun with broken windows and no gas in those temperatures.  Hope
everything gets back to normal soon, Igor!

Cheers,
Dave